Saint James Infirmary

I've Got Me Some Of Those Saint James Infirmary Blues

Friday, September 17, 2004

In My Life

On Wednesday I officialy became an Eagle Scout. I never really realized what a big deal it was to people until that night. I just hope I can live up to the expectations. Also it was really cool to see all the people who showed up to my Court of Honor, even though a couple of key people were missing from the audience. That was disappointing, but I understand the natures of their absences.

On another note, its comforting to know that I'm loved and cared for by a family besides my real one. I don't know that comforting describes the feeling right, but its the best I can come up with right now. In reality, knowing that I'm loved by them creates such a deep and complex feeling that I can't describe it.

I heard people say a lot of different things about me and to me on Wednesday. Lots of "Congratulations" and other such things, but the most touching one came later that night after everything and was pretty much unrelated to me becoming an Eagle Scout. It was my favorite though. I was told that one day I would make somebody a proud mother-in-law. It was kind of cliche, but I appreciated it greatly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home